Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Taking my time with personalized blankets

I guess we all try to do it - get the last mile out of a tank of gas before refilling, hoping there is enough milk for the cereal to save a trip to the store.

Now if you are a machine knitter, you know that the machine HAS to be kept clean. Gunk builds up on the rails and carriage from the oil used to keep the machine running. I usually clean mine every day ... but ... setting up for blankets takes a while and I wanted to squeeze the last blanket out before cleaning. Bad move. There right down the middle was an error.

Sigh. I lost my work and had to clean the machine and set up again anyway. I hope I remember this the next time I am tempted to extend my cleaning period. But I probably won't.

You can see my personalized blankets at http://www.blazingneedles.etsy.com

No comments: