Monday, May 19, 2008

New Adventures

Well - I tried stretching myself and trying something new. Jewelry. It started with me buying a beautiful pendant from a friend on Etsy - Zuda Gay. She does lovely polymer clay work. I had the pendant sitting around on my work table for a while until the creative spirit moved me. Then it came! I knitted a cord of cotton to go around the neck 3 times. I then crocheted bobbles to add an accent and close the necklace. I was happy with the results!

Then I tried a crocheted necklace with a blue pearl cotton. It was a blast to do. It was a good piece to make while traveling in the car.

I have to finish a cashmere knitted necklace over wooden beads. I have been trying to find the right type of clasp. Stay tuned!

www.YORKnits.com
www.blazingneedles.etsy.com
http://www.icraft.ca/member_products.php
http://lov.li/users/4483

3 comments:

Jean Levert Hood said...

I love the pendant necklace, Barb! Those machines look entirely daunting to me! You've done such a wonderful job sharing about them.

Zuda Gay Pease said...

I think they are both lovely!!! I love how you did the bobbles!! They are like beads! Very cool!!!

Anonymous said...

Barb I love the necklace. I hope you do more.